Friday January 17, 2020
10 years ago, I started out as a social media consultant and today I primarily focus on helping entrepreneurs build an unstoppable mindset and create a smart strategy.
What’s interesting about reflecting on the last decade is that felt like it took forever in one breathe and like it went in the blink of an eye in another.
Over the last decade...
- I’ve worked with thousands of entrepreneurs through private coaching, group programs, products and programs, challenges, webinars and more.
- I've traveled as a digital nomad to South America, Australia, Canada & California
- I’ve made great decisions and some bad ones.
- I’ve made money and lost it.
- I’ve launched programs with success and failed at others.
- I’ve had blogs that I thought were stellar, only to get crickets. I’ve had other posts that took off with great surprise!
- I’ve gone from being unknown with no experience to winning Toronto’s Best Life Coach as voted by Toronto Star Readers in late 2019 with a decade of experience now.
It’s been quite the ride and in some ways I feel like things are just starting to heat up!
Overall, I wanted to share with you what I’ve learned over the last decade of building my business and helping may others build theirs.
This list is in no particular order. They all matter and are important to building a successful business from what I’ve personally learned.
I hope that it serves you!
Thursday January 18, 2018
We have seen a dangerous conversation enter into the coaching industry over the last two years. One that has been dashing dreams quickly and leaving people feeling hopeless that having a truly successful coaching business that can support their dreams and allow them to give their gifts to the world in the way they really want, is not realistic.
The 'get rich quick' mentality has been infiltrated into the industry with promises of 5-figure months in a flash and a 6-figure income for life within time frames so fast it will have your head spinning.
Having been working with coaches build businesses for the last 6 years, I've had enough of this conversation and more importantly, I've had enough of seeing too many coaches feel as though they can't make it happen for them because it hasn't happened, 'yet' and it seems as though it has happened for everyone else.
Well, don't believe everything you see.
Here is my call out to all the coaches who are ready to shift the conversation in our industry because God knows, it's time for change.
Monday June 19, 2017
Most coaches, healers and transformational experts are building their businesses part time as their side hustle while they are working full time. Melanie Caines is no different.
Even though yoga instructor, Melanie Caines was already running a local yoga studio and leading multiple international yoga retreats each year, Melanie decided to go for her dream of reaching an international audience with an online yoga membership site.
In this interview Melanie talks about how she built her online following and quickly got her first 100 paid subscribers within months of launching.
Thursday February 19, 2015
When I sat down to interview Mompreneur, Yogi and Ayurveda specialist, Cate Stillman, I wasn't sure where the conversation was going to flow (pun intended). After 14 years in business helping people evolve their health and helping wellness experts take their career to the next level, Cate Stillman has learned a few things about creating a business and life you are truly excited about.
She lives half of the year in Mexico, wake boarding and enjoying the sun. The other half of the year in Idaho, enjoying the mountains and family time. Cate has some unique views on how to go about creating a profitable and fun business that you love and creating your ‘new normal’.
In this interview, here is what you are going to discover:
- The Mantra Cate uses to co-create her freedom based lifestyle that keeps her and her family super happy and living;
- The mindset hack that keeps Cate free to create the life she loves for her and her family;
- Why you can’t avoid every potential pitfall;
- A key skill you must have as an entrepreneur to bring your forward;
- and the 3 daily habits Cate starts her day with for optimal health.
Thursday August 14, 2014
Thinking of packing up your laptop and running your business from wherever you are in the world? After spending 6 months in South America this year as a digital nomad (3 in Ecuador and 3 in Peru), I have figured out a few things that worked, didn’t work and perhaps I could have done better.
Below is a list of 9 things you will want to address before you hit the road and say see you later to your old life (next week, I will have a ‘once you are there’ list on how to run your business digitally).